Invent Your Own Computer Games with Python le teaches how to program in the Python language and at the same time create your own video games.
Each chapter gives you the complete source code for a new game and then teaches you the programming concepts from the examples.
This book also includes an introduction to creating games with 2D graphics using the Pygame framework..
Start by creating classic games like Hangman, Guess the Number y Tic-Tac-Toe, and then advance to more advanced games, as a text-based scavenger hunt game and an animated collision dodge game with sound effects.
Along the path, you will learn key programming and math concepts to help you take your game programming to the next level.
What you will learn:
- Combine loops, variables and flow control declarations in real work programs
- Choose the right data structures for the job, as lists, dictionaries and tuples.
- Add graphics and animation to your games with the pygame module
- Manipulate keyboard and mouse input
- Program simple artificial intelligence so you can play against the computer
- Use cryptography to turn text messages into secret code
- Debug your programs and find common errors
As you work through each game, build a solid foundation in Python and understand the fundamentals of computer science.
What new game will you create with the power of Python?
Facialix social networks
Follow Facialix on all his social networks:
The projects in this book are compatible with Python 3.
To download the book you can use the following buttons below: