Windows is the most popular and most used operating system so far.
But being honest, This popularity is based on the fact that it comes pre-installed in the vast majority of desktops and laptops on the market..
So there are no more options? The answer is yes. Mainly there is Mac OS, Apple's proprietary operating system found (exclusively) on their computers.
There is also Linux, which can be installed on almost any computer with multiple versions each one specifies in a certain area.
But, change operating system is not very easy to say, It requires having certain experience and knowledge to make the change without losing information and without leaving our computer useless in the process.
Even so, there is an easy way to test other operating systems without having to completely change our computer, we talk about virtualization with VirtualBox.
VirtualBox is a cross-platform virtualization application. Installs existing Intel or AMD based computers, whether they run the operating systems (SO) Windows, Mac OS X, Linux u Oracle Solaris.
Secondly, Expands the capabilities of your existing computer so that it can run multiple operating systems, within multiple virtual machines, at the same time.
For example, you can run Windows and Linux on your Mac, run windows server 2016 on your Linux server, run Linux on your Windows PC, etc., all together with your existing applications.
You can install and run as many virtual machines as you want. The only practical limits are disk space and memory.
Oracle VM VirtualBox is deceptively simple but also very powerful.
Can be run anywhere, from small embedded systems or desktop machines to data center deployments and even cloud environments.
Creating Linux virtual machines with VirtualBox
Set up a test lab with VirtualBox and learn to Manage PostgreSQL Databases
Who is this course for?
- All those who want to learn how to create virtual machines with VirtualBox.
- And people interested in introducing themselves, or deepen, in topics related to database administration and want to start by setting up a test environment to practice.
- You don't need any prerequisites. Just a computer with which to practice.
What you will learn
- Create and configure virtual machines with VirtualBox
- Configure the network in virtual machines
- Install the VirtualBox Guest Additions package
- Set up shared folders
- Install and configure Centos 7
- Record the work sessions with the VMs
- Install and configure Ubuntu 20
- Save and restore snapshots of our virtual machines
- Install and configure PostgreSQL 12
- Initial configuration of a PostgreSQL database server
This course is available for free without the need for any coupon, through the "FREE" option.
We recommend that you first read the differences between a free and a paid course to avoid misunderstandings:
- Online video content
- Online video content
- Certificate of completion
- Instructor Questions and Answers
- Direct message to the instructor
To obtain the course for free, click on the following button:
Follow Facialix on all his social networks: